Thank you for keeping our community area clean.
The Churchill Community Foundation consistently follows good conservation policies and principles. The Foundation also performs trash removal twice a week from the bins along the lake, as well as provides dog waste bags for community use. The board continues to purchase and plant new trees and works to keep the weir end of the lake in a natural state, so that various insects, birds, and other animals can have appropriate habitats.
Please help us avoid roving predators:
- do not feed your pets outside
- do not leave food outside
- keep garbage and compost in sturdy, enclosed bins
- keep bird feeders out of reach and do not allow seeds to accumulate on the ground
There are many benefits to greenscaping. Learn More.
Lake Churchill has several types of fish. See more of the fish species in Maryland.
Lake Churchill has several types of birds including the following:
- Trumpeter Swan, aka Harvey (moved back to Canada)
- Blue Heron
- Green Heron
- Wood Duck
- Canada Goose
You can click here to learn about all birds in MD.
Lake Churchill has a breeding pair of beavers.